Ticket prices About our ticket prices
When booking online, we always show you the lowest priced fare type available. You can change it to a fare type with more benefits and other conditions (such as more baggage or flexibility to change your travel dates). This may result in a higher ticket price.
Our ticket prices displayed on klm.com include all taxes and surcharges:
- Airport tax for all airports where you’ll depart, arrive, or transfer
- Security surcharge to cover insurance and security measures
- International surcharge imposed by the carrier
You can find your total ticket price, as well as a breakdown of the fare, taxes, surcharges, and extra fees, at various steps during your online booking. After booking, you can find it in your booking confirmation e-mail and in My Trip.
Please note that tickets purchased online via klm.com in Argentina will be considered as issued abroad and will therefore be charged in US dollars.
Booking fees are not included in the ticket price and are added during booking. A higher fee will be applied for bookings made via our KLM Customer Contact Centre or a KLM Ticket Office than for online bookings. The online booking fee differs per country; you don’t have to pay any online booking fees in most countries.
Booking fees are not included in the ticket price and are added during booking. For tickets issued in Argentina, the following booking fees apply:
- Booking on klm.com: no booking fee
- Booking via a KLM Ticket Office or at the airport: USD 80 for intercontinental tickets and USD 35 for tickets between two locations in Europe
- via the KLM Customer Contact Centre: USD 80 for intercontinental tickets and USD 35 for tickets between two locations in Europe
If you want to change your travel date or route, you might have to pay a re-issuance fee. For tickets issued in Argentina, the following re-issuance fees apply:
- Reissuing on klm.com: no re-issuance fee
- Reissuing via the KLM Customer Contact Centre, a KLM Ticket Office, or at the airport: USD 20 for tickets purchased on klm.com or at KLM ticket offices, and USD 40 for tickets purchased via other websites or travel agencies.
When requesting a refund, you might have to pay a cancellation fee. For tickets issued in Argentina, the following cancellation fees apply:
- Involuntary cancellation: no cancellation fee
- Voluntary cancellation via klm.com: no cancellation fee
- Voluntary cancellation via the KLM Customer Contact Centre or a KLM Ticket Office: USD 30
Note that travel agencies set and apply their own booking fees, re-issuing fees, and cancellation fees for KLM tickets. Therefore, these fees vary by agency.